Thursday, September 2, 2010

I don't have a cute little picture of Joey toting a backpack.....

So many of my friends have decided to send their 2 (soon to be 3) year-olds off to pre-school this fall.

They have posted photos of their adorable little tot in some of the cutest little outfits I have ever seen, toting their first backpacks and a big, "I'm ready for adventure" grin.

This has given me my first taste of how life will be different for my children if we end-up homeschooling.

Will they end up lacking independence and social skills? Or will they be more mature for spending so much more time around adults? Will I be depriving them of life experiences? Or will what we experience in our home adventures not only be enough, but give them a lifetime of family memories, as well?

It's such a tough decision and it's one that I continue to pray about each day.

I will say that Joey is doing great with what we have done at home so far this school year. Every morning he is the one telling me it's time for "homework"...that's what he calls it and he's so excited about it.

I will also say that I love having him here with me all day long and I can't imagine sending him away from me...even if only for a few days a week!

Decisions...decisions....

1 comment:

Billy said...

i can relate to this struggle - still undecided. when you get a chance, check out this book from the charlotte library:
"hold your kids close: why parents need to matter more than peers" - great read :)