Tuesday, August 31, 2010

I can't believe it's not blue!

This past weekend we went ahead and went to The Prenatal Picture (www.theprenatalpicture.com)to see our little baby and to confirm my certainties that our house was going to be blessed by the energy and curiosities of another boy. Because of the episode I went through with determining Ailey's gender (little stinker wouldn't un-cross her legs!), I am practically a professional at gender determination via ultrasound. The MOMENT that I saw the screen I knew that my intuitions were *pleasantly*, completely inaccurate. I was staring at "THE" 3 lines! "I know what it is!" I said trying to stay calm before she said, "Yeah, I won't keep you guessing for long...it's a girl."

A GIRL!? Really!? The next thing I said was, "Oh my gosh! A sister! I love my sister!"

I am so excited for Ailey that I am not carrying just her baby sister, but her best friend for life. She won't know it, most likely until she's in her 20's, but she's going to have a best friend born in February!

As for me, I never imagined that I would even have one daughter...but two!? I really need to get on the dress-making and bow-making! I can't wait to dress them in little identical outfits...especially for holidays. I think it will be so sweet to see them playing dress up and house together.

What a blessing it will be to teach them about the wonderful joys of being a lady! Oh here come the waterworks....I guess the shock still hasn't fizzled out yet.

Thank you GOD for the blessing of babies....and the amazing gift of sisterhood.




No comments: