Okay, so lately my family blog has turned into a place where I rant and complain...mostly about "you know who" and all her bad decisions. It's been a rough couple of weeks. This month, between myself and the children, we have have been to the doctor's a lot....dentist, oral surgeon, pediatrician, optometrist, obgyn, physician, ENT. We are out of money and this Momma is OUT OF ENERGY!
But, today, I am looking forward and bringing you a positive blog! *SMILE!*
Let me start with I love my husband. He works so hard at his job so that I can work hard around our home. He always stays so positive and strong for me...when I "just can't take it anymore". He always rubs my back whenever I ask him to. He rocks.
Keeping things chronological, Carly is awesome. There are so many things about her age and the upcoming years of her life that make me a nervous wreck, but when I talk to her I am reminded of how smart she is and how much she is not like me in junior high. Still, I see what is happening around her...to her friends and at her mom's house...and I hold on tight to my faith and to the special relationship she and I have built over the past 4 years. She's a combination of excited and nervous for school to start. We were unsuccessful in helping her to meet at least one person from her new school this summer. She's at a weird age right now where she can no longer walk up to someone and introduce herself and try to make friends. School starts next week...I can't wait to see what is in store for her! Exactly one month after school starts, our sweet girl will turn 13!
We've got Conner all signed up for Football for this fall! It's a big commitment this year. Practice is 3 nights a week for 2.5 hours and games are on Saturdays! This will be so good for him, though. He really needs to be in a situation where he is around kids his age that frequently and in a team setting. I think this will be the key to him making a good group of close friends. I still can't get him to eat healthily, but he's really started making an effort and keeps asking me, "Meme, am I getting better at eating good foods?" Aw, bless him:)
Joey keeps me on my toes, for sure. Actually, to be more realistic, he just plain stresses me out and cannot behave himself to save his life. (I know I said this was a positive blog, but Joey's 2...almost 3....I just have to be real here!) He wakes up way too early and fights us on going to bed until it's way too late. In between waking and falling asleep he does the opposite of what I ask, talks back, screams, and is out of control. He reminds me 100% of Conner at 3 only there aren't any teachers around for him to smack in the face and disrespect. He doesn't do well with breaking out of routine. He has no interest in using the potty and I am starting to believe that he enjoys his diaper. We are starting pre-school this fall which I am pretty nervous about. During Ailey's morning nap he and I will start schooling. I'm only hoping I can hold his attention long enough and well enough for him to learn. If this doesn't go well it isn't going to leave a great feeling in my heart about homeschooling. *prayers*
I can't believe that Ailey will be 1 in under 3 months! (I also can't believe I will have 3, 3 and under come February!) Ailey is smart and sweet and beautiful. She is crawling, pulling up, and cruising all over the place. She says, "Mama", "Dada" and "babababa". She always curls her toes and drinks her bottle with her feet. She adores her older siblings and it is so sweet to see her reunions with them after they have been away.....she giggles and kicks her feet in delight.
As for me, I'm positively tired:) The last couple of weeks have been an emotional and financial whirlwind. I'm hoping that our beach getaway next week will be a way to refill our tanks. I'm looking forward to the routine of the school year. I LOVE the fall! How exciting that it is just around the corner! I love the changing of the leaves, the smell of pumpkin, the constant simmer of my crock pot, and the roundness of my tummy that I have known every fall but one for the past 4 years. I love when it starts to get dark earlier and when our family favorites come back on tv. The start of the school year this year, for me, is going to be the start of a fresh beginning for our family. Amazing how three miserable weeks can make it seem like difficulties have been present for longer than they have. God's gotten us through these hard times and I know they are just about over:)
Praying for strength, happiness, and POSITIVITY!!!
"When your feet are dragging on the ground Stand up and face whatever you're afraid of.
When pandemonium is all around...That's when you find out what it is you're made of.
If you will just believe it's true Then there is nothing you can't do There's not a mountain that you can't climb There's not a river you can't make it over There's no tomorrow that you can't find if you try I know you're gonna make it Nothing can stop you now!"
"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I know I can!"
-The Little Engine That Could
1 comment:
Way to look on the bright side ;) Hang in there!
Post a Comment