Tuesday, August 3, 2010

we aren't even well off!

We are so blessed in what we have, but I assure you, it isn't a lot.

Bio-mom was under the impression we make a lot of money. I wish she was right. We DON'T.

It was suggested that we stop "popping out babies". LOL. I love it when people say that. Like that's all I do.....*pop*.....*pop*.....*pop*....

Let me tell you about how we manage to do what we do and live how we live. Yourself, someone you know, or crazy bio-mom may learn something from what I have to say.

My babies are born at home in the bath tub. This means that we don't pay all those hospital bills. No extra charges for epidurals, pain pills, c-sections, anti-nausea meds, etc etc etc.

After my babies are born they are exclusively breastfed. I have diapers for my infants that I use and wash and use again. In fact, for the first 6 months, my babies cost NOTHING!

When I have to put clothes on my babies, I go to the consignment store or accept generous hand-me-down donations from friends who have mothered before me. Now that I've "popped" so many out, the babies can all share clothing amongst one another.

My children are well fed and take vitamins and, in their short time on this earth, have been sick 4 times (Joey) and 1 time (Ailey). This means we rarely see doctor's bills with their name's on them.

We aren't even "well off". It is true that we just bought a $240k home...and wouldn't you know that that $240k home we don't even fit in! It is cramped, but being so close to one another makes our hearts closer, too. I am a lucky woman, yes, but I make sacrifices, too. I have been wearing the same 6 outfits for 3 years now. I don't get to take my children to Disney World or Sea World because I choose to spend my money on CARING for my children. This means if they need oral surgery, I get it for them and pay my part for it. We spend time, not money. We make memories, we don't buy them.

We don't have money to spend on our own health and dental needs, but our children, they are a priority. Even if it means Ramen noodles here and there and no trip to Florida this year, at least Carly doesn't have retained, impacted, pre-molars causing infection inside her mouth:)

If it weren't for the richness of our relationships and the love that we share, we would 100%, for sure, be considered "poor". (Just as poor as you, BM;)

Later. Off to go make a gourmet meal with 2 eggs, a potato, and a slice of turkey!

No comments: