Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Another jaw-dropping tale from the "other" house...

This just in: Carly has been having sleepovers with a boy at Shannon's house. Conner let it slip, but Carly confirmed it. Carly and a young fellow named Scotty have been sleeping in the same room, over night, without a parent present. You do not let teenagers have sleepovers! Especially young ones who are experiencing what hormones are capable of for the 1st time! Yes, I trust Carly and I agree that deep platonic relationships with the opposite sex are possible and healthy. However, why can this child not come over, spend time with Carly, and leave at bed time? I trust Carly, but I don't know him and neither does Carly's Dad! I do know he is a 13 year old boy. I also know what a lot of 13 year old boys were doing when I was 13! Why are we putting
Carly and Scotty in this situation? What sort of messages is this sending to Carly? I want Carly to be comfortable around boys, but not too comfortable. I want her to like boys, but not ACT or BE LIKE boys. I want her to know and understand the differences between herself and boys. I want her to see herself as a lady and not "just one of the guys" like her mother has always enjoyed doing of herself. I want her to be respected by boys and to do that, you have to act in a certain way. When will this stop? Does Shannon still see Carly as a 3 year old? I mean, Joey LOVES his little 3 year old friend Ava and if she ever spent the night I think this would be totally appropriate. They are 3 and innocent! At 13 I know that this Scotty character is not always thinking, "Oh Carly's such a great buddy. I haven't noticed that she's transformed into a young lady at all!"
It is time for Trey and this woman who calls herself Carly's mother to go for coffee...lot's and lot's of it because a lot of conversing needs to take place!

1 comment:

Nicole Faby said...

tears in my eyes. so sad. What an utter idiot. Trey will get it under control. I hope you are writing this all down!!