Wednesday, July 14, 2010
"Keeping the Party Alive with Baby #5"!!!
I know I said I thought that "slow down" was a great idea. ("Slow down" is so not our style!) But, my heart had been aching...I was trying really hard to ignore it. I should have know that baby fever was going to strike. At the same time the family started feeling incomplete. Through a lot of prayer God never made me feel like He wouldn't like for us to get pregnant again. Additionally, I've always said that I don't have a problem with hand-me-down clothing, nor do I think it's unacceptable to overuse bunk beds:) There was a big, empty, spot in Joey and Ailey's nursery where another crib (which was dis-assembled and in the storage room) would fit beautifully. Everything inside of me was calling for us to do it again...."just one more time". I talked to Trey about it. He knew...he had known...I had started making mention of "not feeling done" immediately after Ailey's birth. We had originally decided on July, but we always figure it will take a couple of months...why, I don't know! So we let the "trying" begin and 3 weeks later I was the proud owner of a positive pregnancy test! I don't know why, but every time it takes my breath away to see those two little lines "smiling" up at me. I did my little happy dance, alone, in the bathroom. I thanked GOD for blessing us once again. Then, I exited the bathroom and grinned like a silly girl for the rest of the day. I didn't wait long to tell Trey. He was laying down next to Ailey while she giggled and played and turned to me to say, "She's getting so big!". I replied with, "Big enough to be a big sister?" He laughed, "haha, no". "Oh, well, she's going to be one:)". He was happy and proud as usual:) We kept to ourselves for a little while this time around. Just felt like the right thing to do. Finally we told Carly and Conner. We were super nervous to tell them. We didn't get the best reaction when we told them we were pregnant with Ailey, but something in their hearts had changed because they were both so super excited, "couldn't wait to tell their friends", etc etc. I guess they realized that no matter how many new babies come in to our family, no one is replaceable:). So the adventure begins! I'm so excited about this baby. I'm so happy to be fortunate enough to have all my babies so close together. I am enjoying watching Joey and Ailey interact already...I can't wait to see the three of them together giggling and sharing their childhoods. And as always, Carly and Conner are such sweet and caring big siblings. When we told Trey's uncle that we were expecting #5 he said that the "Duggars were afraid we would steal their TV show"....but, I think there is a surgery coming up next March that says we won't:) Our dream of adopting is still very much alive! Call us crazy, but I'm loving every minute of this sweet and precious, children and baby-filled time in our lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment