Friday, June 25, 2010
dreams of your own....
It's a common truth that all we do affects our children, but i received some insight today that carries that statement beyond the years in which we are raising our babies....praying for the college years to come instead of savoring every good and bad momen they are ours all ours. ...and into parenting our adult children. As adults, even without realizing it, we look to our parent's continuing examples to lead us and encourage us. Wow! What a huge responsibility we have to these little people! It's a chore, but it's also a blessing and honor. Here is my hope for myself as an adult parent: My children will still want their Mommy in times of sickness or struggle...even if its just an encouraging phone call or to run over with a cool cloth for a fever-stricken head. Being called upon, I will gladly fulfill these motherly duties. I hope and pray that when my children choose a path that might make me anxious, I will note their certainty and excitement and never let them see my hesitation. My children accomplishing their dreams is a cause for celebration even if it's not the dreams I dreamed for them. I hope and pray that I can be a holy example....more than anything else. I hope that now to my babies and in the future to my adult children I can teach, guide, and live in a way that will glorify Him. As a parent I just never considered that even after college graduation....or past the age of 23 if college ends up being left out of the dream....that my job will never be done and my INFLUENCE will be ever-present. I'm going to take on this task with great positivity and LOVE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment