Monday, June 14, 2010

"Everything You Won't Let Me Do"

I am very anti-fast food, but occasionally, after days like today and nights like tonight, I surrender and let my kids dine on nuggets, apple slices, and chocolate milk from Mickey D's. So while my oldest boy and I were sitting there giggling he lets me know, "I always eat all my dinner from McDonalds!". I asked if he eats McDonalds often to which he replies "all the time...at mommies". I told him all the time isn't good because McD's isnt exactly the healthiest food. Then, he asks if the following foods his Mom makes are healthy: buttered noodles, white rice, green beans in a can, Wendy's, and pizza. I told him the truth and said he should fill up on those green beans! He asked if I could make those foods for him. I told him no. Then he said what made my heart race and my stomach sink..."Mimi, whatever you dont let me do, Mommy DOES!!!"
When Trey got home from work I told him of our conversation. Trey asked him what things he would like to do more of over at our house that his Mom lets him do. The following terrify me: Play video games whenever he wants without the timer set, play video games where people shoot other people, eat fast food all the time, get on the internet on his DsI because Mommy took it to the store and had the parental codes we set removed, and watch whatever he wants on tv. Now, of course this all needs to be cross-referenced, but I really do believe every bit of it. What do I do? I considered backing down on some rules, but only for a second. I cant let any of those rules out the window. If we say anything to his mom about it it won't change anything. It's sooo sad. My heart is so broken for what the children are subjected to over there.
This the hardest part of being a stepmommy: watching babies you know and love as your own, be mis-treated, neglected, and have their innocence threatened BY THEIR OWN BIOLOGICAL MOTHER.
I could have Trey talk to her about her lack of rules and lack of parenting and lack of morals, but that's just who she is. Forgive me for once again saying nasty things about this woman, but as a Mommy, I strongly feel she plain and simple cannot parent. :( I pray. It's the strongest and best and only defense I have.

3 comments:

Nicole Faby said...

I hear you!! I will send you some extra prayers! And I know the struggle... No one always wants to be the mean one!! But you are doing the right thing!! So don't back down! Love you! Call me if you need a wine and whine phone date!!! OOohhh we should skype!!

Jennifer Montgomery said...

Thank you, Nicole. I don't want to always be the "mean" one, but I hope that one day they will realize what they consider "mean" means that I just care about them and take good care of them. I have to figure that whole skyping thing out!! xoxo

Ruthie said...

Is there any way you could take her to court for full custody? She seems crazy! There must be something she has done that legally classifies her as a bad mama. Jen, stay strong. You are a good woman. Stick to your beliefs and your morals. Your children will look back on the decisions you have made and thank you for loving them unconditionally.