Tuesday, June 1, 2010

In Tega Cay!

Hello Blog,
It's me, Jennifer. I know it's been a while!

So, we are all moved-in to our new home. It's amazing here. All the excitement of new things for the children to explore and learn about. Discovering the lake, swimming on the beach, having a big wooded backyard to run around and play in... The list really goes on and on. I feel like everyone seems happier than I have seen them in a long time...myself, included. Tega Cay is so peaceful and everyone is so friendly. We have more baked goods in our kitchen than we know what to do with...thank you welcoming neighbors!

So I know God called us to move to Tega Cay, and I am so grateful that he did. But, he has been seriously surprising me (he's SO darn good at doing that!) with all of the families I have met with lots and lotsa BABIES! First, at our real estate closing we meet our real estate lawyer. ELEVEN CHILDREN. Then, we move in and meet the family across the street...FOUR CHILDREN. Then, I ran into a homeschooling mom a few blocks down the street from me....FIVE CHILDREN. Today at Wal-Mart I hear the cashier say to the woman in front on me, "Wow, seems like you are feeding an army!"...her reply: "I am: an army of SIX." I turned to her and said, "Do you really have six children?" She smiled sweetly and turned to face me revealing her baby bump..."I do! And (rubs tummy) number SEVEN is on the way!" We continued to discuss (she was a homeschooler) homeschooling and big family living and she assured me I got it...which I already knew;) She also told me that there are so many large families in this area and a really great network for homeschoolers. I know some of you are thinking, "okay this is coincidence and you can read into it however you wish", but I KNOW what's going on here: reassurance. Not that I ever needed to be reassured that I was doing the right thing in having a large family, but, sometimes, I do love reassurance that, no, I am not crazy and there ARE other people out there whom God has called to raise many many warriors for Him. It is a sweet thing and I feel so blessed to be a mother as God has called me to be...although, I would go crazy without his constant guidance and reassurance!

Thank YOU God for bringing our family to Tega Cay, for blessing us with all we have...especially one another. Thank you for guiding our family in the way we should go and for never forsaking us on the roads you lead us down. AMEN.

2 comments:

Nicole Faby said...

Sounds amazing! I am so happy for you! Can't wait to visit!!

Jennifer Montgomery said...

Nicole...I want you to visit because I love ya, but I need to hire you, too! We have NO family photos with Ailey in them and she is quickly approaching 7 months. I also never got her 6 month photos done because we were in transition mode...so I need an Ailey session, too! Let me know when you are going to be in the area and have availability next!! xoxo (pasting this on your facebook:)