Thursday, August 27, 2009

"MY thing"

A couple of weekends ago while I was at work Trey surprised me by purchasing a few of my midwifery study books. I am SO enjoying studying! It's so easy because I am so crazy about the subject. Reading a book by Sheila Kitzinger to start off with. I know that I am doing the right thing both in becoming a midwife and in having a home birth. As I read her words I am not only educated, but also find myself smiling as I agree with all that she has to say. She is honest and open in informing her readers about all of their options when it comes to their birth, but also makes it very clear that healthy women with normal, low-risk, pregnancies do not have to go to the hospital for care. I am so inspired. It's also so nice to have something that is all my own. Trey has work and his Men's Health, Geology magazines, and (Lord help me) now it's football season, the kids have me running them around to all their interests, and now I have something that is mine...besides my family's needs which I am also very passionate about. :)
As for my own pregnancy, I cannot wait to find out tomorrow whether or not she has turned. I feel like she has. I am not feeling her big head at the top of my uterus. I am not feeling kicking on my cervix. I DO feel a lot of low pressure and occasionally some mild cramping. These little pains and annoyances make me smile. My body is getting ready. Envisioning her head down and putting pressure on my cervix makes my anticipation for my labor journey grow!
Mostly, if I had to guess I would have never guessed I would get to have a daughter and I am so incredibly excited to meet her. I am so excited to give her the gift of a natural birth. I can't wait to have her on my chest taking her first breaths and staring down at her in amazement. They say babies born naturally and in home environments tend to be a lot more alert, too...so I hope to experience that. (Cool book, "The Amazing Newborn" Klaus & Klaus)
That's all for now. About 7-8 weeks to go! While I hope they fly by, I also hope I find time to appreciate these final moments of my final pregnancy and of her being mine, mine, all mine!

No comments: