This labor day weekend we packed up our little Honda CR-V for what was really and truly our last road trip in the faithful vehicle. I had so many family members in Ohio (where all my extended family lives) who had never even met my husband and children. It was time! Grandmother and Grandpa are "getting up there" and I really wanted to spend some quality time with them. I hadn't seen my aunts in years. Additionally, I really wanted to meet my newly discovered biological sister, Marla! All of the visits were too short, but seeing everyone was so wonderful. As an adult and parent I have a new perspective and appreciation for my extended family. I found in spending time with everyone I really missed them. They have, after all, known me my whole life. It was also great watching my children interact with everyone, my grandparents in particular.


It was a lot of work getting my family of five packed, up to Ohio, and back. It was hot living in my grandparent's house for 3 days without air-conditioning (I still don't understand how 88 degrees feels cold to them, but they are my elders...I won't argue it!). The kids were very tired of being in the car for so many hours. BUT, all in all, it was a wonderful time of love and family. I've been inspired to go up and visit at least once a year. I hope that works out!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment