Boy oh boy oh boy this girl! So Trey swears that it was, indeed, this painful the entire final month of my pregnancy with Joey. I remember only the last week being this torturous, but he swears it was all month. The whole concept of building character and "not complaining" is out the window. I don't mind pain so long as it's for a good cause....like I am in labor and about to meet my daughter! I know it's been a long 9 months, but I have to say, second pregnancies definitely seem to go by faster. I can't believe I am sitting here face to face with my due date! It could be any day now, but I bet I've got at least another good 2 weeks in me. When it's all said and done, there really is NO SCIENCE to this whole "when will baby come?" predicament. Hell, it could be another 4 weeks! You never know what your little one's plans are.
Today we celebrated Joey's 2nd birthday. (Glad she didn't come today! You can't mix monster truck birthday cake with Disney princess paper plates and napkins now, can you!?) I can't believe my baby is 2! He even seemed older today. Just something about the way he behaved all day long....less whiny, more independent, confident, so happy... I'm going to cry. I am so proud of him.
You know how they say that we can pass our faults on to our children? Well, I have to share that my 2 year old is a bit OCD. I never realized that I even was OCD (to a degree) until I started seeing Joey to do certain things! Some examples to entertain you:
-After going pee pee in the potty he requests just a single square of t.p. which he uses to "dab". Should you give him more he will fuss over the excess squares and tear off only the 1 square he "needs".
-When going down for a nap or being put to bed for the night he needs to have his blankets "on him". That is his request, "Mommy, I want it ON ME!" This means gathering up all blankets in the crib, him laying down, and the blankets being spread over him 1-by-1. When this is not done he cries and refuses to go to sleep.
-He will often request juice. (I water it WAY down...) After receiving his juice he always takes a few sips and then hands it back to me. I will set it down near him so that he can have more when he wants. After I set it down he picks it up and says, "Here Mama!" and will move it to a different spot 4 inches away from where I set it! It's a little ridiculous, but he is pretty serious about it and feels it is important.
Those are just a few of what I now call his "Joeyism's". It's so strange to watch my child obsess over little things he deems largely important. I don't know how I passed that on to him...I definitely don't react to the extreme that he does about things, but whether he has witnessed it in me or not, he's genetically got some OCD in his little bones! I wish he was more laid back, for his own sake, but whatcha going to do!?
Well, that's about a wrap for now. I do believe the next time I hop back on my blog spot I will be nursing a beautiful newborn named Ailey Grace Montgomery. I love her name:) Hope all is well with you and yours.
ME
No comments:
Post a Comment