Being overdue is one of the worst feelings in the world. I would rather be in labor...that is at least accomplishing something despite the pain. Being overdue drains me of all my patience and energy. All of the nesting I did preparing for the baby is completely undone...and I don't have the ability to re-do it for the 100th time. I feel like I need to re-wash her clothes and bedding that have been sitting around for 3 weeks now collecting dust while waiting on her. My poor husband could really use a break from waiting on me hand and foot...God bless him. My 2 year old desperately needs his Mommy back and his behavior is extremely reflective of that. My relationships with my stepchildren are suffering. It's so hard to keep all my hopes and goals for this pregnancy in mind when I know that my OB would have induced me a week ago.
Then again, who knows what additional complications would have arisen from that route! I would be just as worthless after a c-section.
When I do become a midwife I sure will be able to sympathize with my overdue patients. My best advice is that any home remedy to try and make baby come is not worth it. Here is my experience...
Castor Oil: extreme vomiting and diarrhea. NO BABY.
Sex: incredible discomfort and hours of false labor. NO BABY.
Blue and Black Cohosh herbs: extreme nausea and a nasty taste in the mouth that caused me to vomit on one occasion. NO BABY.
The last time I blogged I thought for sure that my next blog would include photos of Ailey...looks like I was wrong. Keep you posted! In the meantime...trying to keep my sense of humor!
No comments:
Post a Comment