Saturday, August 22, 2009
technology!! grrr...
So last night my dear husband decided to do me a "favor" and upgrade all my settings on my Blackberry. I really didn't know what that meant, but he assured me that when he was done I would have a more efficient phone. This morning I woke up to a text message. T9...where did you go!? Keyboard of choice...gone! Preferred font...bye bye! As the day has gone on and I have tried to use my phone for various activities I am accustomed to using, it has been one dysfunction after another! (By the way, not to sound too Jerry Seinfeld, but what's up with the spelling of dysfunction? It's totally dysfunctional! The pre-text "dis" (which mean "to not to" ________, like discontinued: not continued) is spelled wrong! Why not disfunctional?) The most recent disappointment and frenzy of frustration has been with my mobile facebook. TOTALLY different version than I was using. How quickly can we change technology? My brand new Storm is totally out-dated...I just know it! It was probably out-date when I bought it. It was probably out-dated when the thing was shipped to the Verizon store for retail sale! I completely understand my grandparents now. I always wondered why they never ever even made any serious attempts to associate with a PC. I get it now....a typewriter has always done the trick...why mess with that!? (Okay, partly joking there...we all know that a PC has far more uses than word processing...but you get the picture.) Okay, that's my rant for now. I will try and be more open-minded when it comes to technology, but gee it isn't easy, is it!?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment