I hate the term used to describe siblings who biologically share only one parent...."half sibling". It makes me cringe like the word, "step-mom" makes me cringe. Family is family...let brothers and sisters just be labeled as simply that. Lord knows they don't love one another with just half of their hearts. Heck, I have sisters I don't share any blood with at all!
Why is it so hard for bio-mom to just grasp this part of Carly and Conner's life? To realize that, while she is totally uninvolved in it (her choice), it is totally and completely who Carly and Conner are?
Call me step-mom all you want. Remind that I am not the "real mom" as much as you need to. Call me step-monster...I don't care. But don't call my kids "half-siblings"...and don't you DARE call them "step-siblings"....apparently you need a Webster on that one!
That is all.
Oh wait,....
p.s.
8 year olds don't need to be bathed
don't need you to "help" them pee in a cup at the doctor office
and certainly shouldn't be "co-sleeping" with you.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
No comments:
Post a Comment