Monday, March 28, 2011
Embracing What's To Come....
I keep looking down at my sweet nursing infant and while I am totally consumed with love, there is a bit of sadness that lurks during this sweet time with my little baby girl. She is my last. People often think I'm a little wacky when I discuss how sad I am that I'm not going to have anymore babies. "But you've got TWO babies right now!" Yes, I know. I am sooo thankful for my babies! It's not that they are somehow "not enough"...I know I am blessed beyond belief! I'm just a momma who loves having babies and now that the end of the road is so quickly here (I had three babies in 3 years!) I am working to accept it. So, today I have decided it's time to start looking forward....and getting excited about what's ahead! LIKE Firsts! First words! First foods! First hairbows! First grins! (Like the ones I experienced this morning! Gotta love the gums.) First days of school! First birthday parties! First teeth! (first lost tooth!) First family vacations! First team sports! First time without the training wheels! ..and that's about as far as I'm willing and able to get excited about thus far;) There are countless milestones that I have to look forward to with my babies. I'm keeping my heart set on what I have and what's to come. It's sad that I'm done having babies, but in a lot of ways...it's really exciting because there is so much in store:) (Perhaps a first for Mommy....being in fabulous physical shape?! *wink*)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm starting to worry about "first dates", "first kiss", "first time he doesn't want to kiss me goodbye cause it's not "COOL" anymore" & after that I get depressed! I know I have a few years before some of this, but I can tell there are changes occurring within the little man that I will aways consider "my baby"! (got a little choked up here!)
Basically I am saying even though my "firsts" are not the same as yours right now, I am totally with you on this one :( :)
blog looks great- I like the new look and love reading it.Enjoy all the many 1st!!
Post a Comment