Here we are...our first day back to routine after the winter break and our first "Manic Monday" of the new year.
The holidays were a sweet time with family and I am thankful for the blessings that we shared in our celebrations, but I am a big fan of routine and happy to have things back on schedule.
Reflecting back on 2010....
It was a big year! We put our house on the market and by some sort of real estate miracle, were able to sell in just 3 months! We sold just in time to move to the neighborhood of our dreams and catch the cut off date to get the kids into the schools we wanted. (Best schools in the state:)
Two weeks after moving in we discovered that we were expecting another baby! Woo-hoo! This is always the happiest of news for our family:) Also on the growing family front, we found out that we were going to be getting 2 more nephews around the same time our baby was going to be due! Let's hear it for nephews!!!
So....
Very quickly our 2010 calendar began filling up:
Playdates
Sports Camp
Horseback Riding Camp
Doctor's appointments
Pre-natal visits
Volunteer work at the schools
More playdates
Football practice
Parent-teacher conferences
Horeseback riding lessons
School Projects
Birthday party after birthday party after another birthday party:)
It's been such a busy and life-changing year! Carly turned 13. Ailey took her first steps. Conner lost his first tooth. Trey has been working harder than even. Joey was potty-trained. We found out we were going to blessed with another daughter/sister. Whew!
So now it's 2011....
Already my calendar is full of appointments, birthdays, deadlines, responsibilities, and many other exciting events. In a month Conner will turn 8. A week after that baby #5 will be due! I am so excited for everything that God has in store for us this year.
Some personal resolutions I have.....
#1 on my list is to, after birthing a healthy baby girl, of course, LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT FOREVER! I want to be healthy and feel good. I want to have a high energy level and just be able to have fun and be active with my kids. Feeling confident and maybe even a little sexy wouldn't hurt, either;)
#2 is a very important goal: Fix the debt. We don't have a lot of it, but the bit that we have creates so much stress. I want it gone. Forever. Debt gets in the way of us being able to do other things and that is SAD. After we get out, I don't want to ever be in it again. I think the only debt that we cannot help are our mortgage payments and vehicle payments, other than that...I don't want to owe anyone anything!
#3 and I think that this will be my final resolution...because too many could be overwhelming.... DATE NIGHT. Trey and I have got to start dating again. We need to be hubby and wife more often and take a break from being Mommy and Daddy. This year we are going to find a way to make it happen. I would love to say that once a month is our goal, but to start off with we will say at least one date every other month. Man I would love to see that work:)
Cheers to 2011!!!!!
1 comment:
Yeah it's the same for us... We don't have anyone to watch the kids so it's just us. So I'm hoping that we will be able to eliminate our debt soon or some of it and hire a babysitter :)
Post a Comment