Thursday, December 9, 2010

more on the sad part of step-parenting

Part of the reason I blog about biomom is to keep record of things that we might need to recall on exact times and dates.

So let's just say we need some prayers right now...and here's why...

Today Trey called Conner's doctor because we tried out a new medication for his ADD. After deciding, along with biomom, that we didn't like the new meds, she started him back on a few remaining pills of the old. Only, instead of giving him the prescribed amount, she was giving him half of that. She said she needed to "ramp him back up". Trey told the doctor this and the doctor basically reamed Trey out because CONNER SHOULD ONLY BE GIVEN THE MEDS THE WAY THE DOCTOR PRESCRIBED THEM! Well, we couldn't agree more, but biomom just keeps skipping doses and switching things up with some of her own crazy reasoning....and she's definitely NO DOCTOR. This is so frustrating. Why won't she stop doing this? In the divorce agreement it states, "if the parents cannot agree, they default to the doctor's orders." If we had all the money saved up that we would need to do it, we could have her hiney in court right now.

Additionally to be noted (and prayer requested), is that Trey picked the kids up for school today and noticed that Conner was wearing the same shirt for the 4th day in a row! He asked Carly when the last day was that she showered and she said, "Sunday"...today is Thursday. Now, Carly is partly to blame for this because she is old enough to know better....still, her Mother should be reminding her to clean herself if she isn't remembering on her own. Her hair and skin were so greasy that instead of taking Carly to the bus stop, Trey brought her home, she showered, and I took her to school.

I don't even know how things like this hold up in court. I am grateful that the kids aren't coming over bruised or in rags, but just the same, they deserve better than to have to put up with this sort of neglect. I know if they were home with us more frequently, BETTER is what they would get. As a Mommy I have to ask, "how hard is it to provide a clean outfit and more than 1 shower a week for your 2 children?" Since I know that they have more clothing over there and since I know how much money biomom is making, I cannot make any excuses for her. (I also know that biomom's mother stocks the kid's closets.)

That's all for now...and hopefully for forever. I hate this part of stepmommying.

1 comment:

Nicole Faby said...

Damn I have been there on the lack of hygiene its just LAZY and it only hurts the kids!! I am so sorry!! I know it's hard but you are doing an amazing job!! don't let her get you down! It's hard not having the control! Hopefully S will get some common sense soon!! XOXO