I really need to let my realtor know I no longer want to be notified via email by central showing. I get far more emails each day than I do phone calls which means that each time the email notification goes off my heart skips a beat. Why? Because hearing from central showing, so far, has meant that I have exactly 1 hour and 45 minutes tops to prepare my home to be sold. The moments following the alert go something like this:
Call central showing to confirm in the MOST FAKE VOICE that, "sure, we'd LOVE to show the house today and we are ready!"...lies! Hang-up and get Joey occupied with the simplest, least messy, activity possible. Movie or today, I let him ride his tricycle in the garage with the garage door down! Pray that Ailey will nap or not scream like crazy as I start by making the bed and then go into the kitchen to empty the trash, notice the dishes in the sink, do the dishes, get back to the trash, go to empty the trash in the bathroom, end up bleaching the tub, go back for trash can, notice the mirror, go to get windex from the kitchen, notice the stove top needs cleaning, clean the stove top, get the windex, windex the mirror, finally take that trash from the bathroom outside, open the van doors, leave front door open, start throwing laundry in the van, throw things in a bag to leave the house, go to get the vaccum, notice dusty televisions, dust televisions, finally vaccum and so on and so on until both of my children are screaming of neglect and I am panting and searching frantically through the diaper bag I just crammed full of "leaving the house essentials" for my inhaler. WHEW! This will be the death of me. When we are moving all these things down to our home in Tega Cay it will all be worth it.
Here's the real kicker about this morning's "showing episode"....no one showed.
1 comment:
PLEASE call me next time!!!!!!!!! I am NOT that far at all! I love you and your family soooooooooo much!!!! NEVER hesitate EVER!!!!!!! I'll take kids outside and then we'll hop in the car and spy!!!!!
Post a Comment