Friday, January 22, 2010

The "What's New With Everyone Update"

Well, let's start with Trey.
Trey is busy busy busy with work. He comes home and his brain is so full of WORK that he can't do simple things like make coffee, change diapers, put a new roll of toilet paper on the roll....it's really bad. "I'm fuzzy" he says. Yeah...if that's what you want to call it. I am surprising him next weekend with two nights of hubby/wifey date time. He needs to GET OUT and get his mind off of training classes and "numbers"...he's ALWAYS talking about d@#$ numbers! He does a great job, but he's an even better husband and Daddy when he has the energy left over. I am very proud of my husband, but I want him to RELAX.
Next, Carly. TWELVE. Today she came home from school and tells me that her and her friend are making plans to go see "The Lovely Bones" this weekend. Casually I ask her what this movie is rated. Her reply: "PG-13. And I am 12, so...yano....". Very rarely does Carly give me attitude but she did there! Instantly I hopped on the internet to study up on how many stars for family friendliness "The Lovely Bones" received.....2/5. GREAT. So Trey and I talked and talked, watched the preview, talked with Carly, and finally decided that since this friends Mother would be attending with them that she could go. Afterward we were kicking ourselves. We can't go back on our answer, but I think that WE ARE SO UNPREPARED TO RAISE A TEENAGER! Someone help us...please. Carly is a good girl, but we should have had the parental confidence to give her a big NO on this request. But then again...she would have seen the flick regardless, all she has to do is wait until next weekend when surely her Mother would have gladly taken her. UGH. Today's challenge aside, Carly continues to be a straight A student and a great little person. Her heart and soul are so sweet. Watching her enter into her junior high years has really made Trey and I nervous. I think we are also feeling inspired to begin a family Bible study at the end of each day just like the Duggars do. Note to self: research family group studies online.
Conner: Ah, Conner man! What a cool kid. Conner is in the second half of 1st grade. He's had such a great year. His teacher....LOVE HER. We are currently planning a laser tag party for his 7th birthday which is a short 3 weeks away! This birthday means that I have been in Conner's life for over half of it! He still doesn't believe me when I tell him he was only 3 years old when Daddy and I started dating. He feels like my own....;)
Joey.....MY TERRIBLE TWO. I hate seeing him this way...kicking, screaming, arguing every little thing I say to him. I have been spending a LOT of time with John Rosemond (well, his books that is...) reading about this crucial time period where Joey is realizing that the world does not revolve around him. It's tough. At his core, Joey is a lover. I still get little glimpses of who Joey was up until this past week....I miss my sweet boy, but I know he will be back.
Ailey: SO SWEET. Ailey is the easiest baby. She constantly inspires me to reproduce. I am not done, so for those of you who were wondering....so long as God wills it, we will see another baby Montgomery around this house. Ailey sleeps all night, smiles constantly, and it is easy to figure out what she needs when she actually does cry. She loves her older siblings and is a MOMMY'S GIRL. I planned it that way. :) Additionally, she IS OFF THE CHARTS FOR WEIGHT AND LENGTH. We affectionately call her our "chunk of love".
As for me, Mommy and Wifey, I am hanging in there. This past week was REALLY challenging. I am working on myself a lot...trying to speak softly always, trying to run less on emotion and more on reason, trying to put my marriage ahead of my children....being challenged by it all. I have also been very busy getting our house ready for the market. We are Tega Cay bound. I can't wait to raise my sweet family at the lake surrounded by trees, parks, and the best schools in the state.
Well, that's a quick UP TO DATE UPDATE on the Montgomerys! Loving one another, loving life, loving telling YOU all about it! ta ta!

1 comment:

Nicole Faby said...

Aww.. you can do it Jen! Thanks for the update glad everyone is so fantastic! xoxo