Oh dear blog...it has been a while!
So, as of today Ailey is 2 months old! As most parents will say, it does feel like she's always been a part of our family. She is an amazing addition!
They say, "your children are a reflection of you". I have to say it's very true that Joey's personality very much reflects how I was as a new Mommy with him. He's a bit OCD, very much a perfectionist, extremely social, and has a touch of anxiety in everything he does...very "type A". With Ailey, I have been so peaceful. I have never once found myself in a bought of anxiety and frustration with a screaming newborn baby. She is so good! She goes with the flow, loves to cuddle, and just has the sweetest soul. You can see in her eyes that she is gentle and that she loves me. The experience of baby #2 has most definitely been different...and wonderful....and not "better" than my first (because NOTHING tops the birth of your first!), but definitely wonderfully different.
I love being a Mommy. I love having babies. I am addicted to it. It's my LIFE and I wouldn't trade it for the world! Joey is such a joy (when he's not having a typical "terrible two" meltdown) and every day he amazes me with something new. He talks non-stop, is so smart, and wow am I EVER BRAGGING! Getting to the point, as in awe as I am with Joey and with as easy and wonderful as the experience has been with Ailey, it definitely doesn't do anything to make me "feel done".
Oh how quickly the memories of constant nausea, vomiting, and NATURAL LABOR fade away. Oh sweet oxytocin! You are so perfect at erasing all the struggle and shining light on only the simply indescribable feelings of having a baby! Yes, it is all worth it!
Trey's words: "I knew I should have videotapped it all last time!" (HA!) I would have made excuses calling my former pregnant self "such a drama queen" and insisting that it "wasn't that bad". In my heart of hearts I know that it was "that bad", but I don't care. I want another baby!
Will I get one? I don't know the answer to that. But let me say this, reader; If you are questioning whether or not to take the baby route, whether or not you can handle it, if it is or is not worth it....I assure you, there is nothing in this life as wonderful as bringing another being into the world and experiencing the LOVE and happiness that being will bring to your marriage, family, extended family, friends, etc.
To me, my children are everything:)
No comments:
Post a Comment