Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Third Trimester

We arrived at trimester three this week. I was so excited to get here, but with the 28 week marker comes a lot of "stuff" I could really do without. I am fatigued beyond recognition. Yes, that's what I meant to say. My skin looks awful from my face down to my toes. Blotches, bags and dark circles under my eyes, stretch marks, weight gain...the list probably goes on since I can't see a lot of "areas" at this point, nor do I have the energy to try and look or the energy to try and correct. Even make-up does not seem to aid in the monster I have become. Little Ailey (oh, that's her name...it's not posted anywhere but right here on this blog! shhh...) is probably going to be amazingly beautiful since she has sucked my beauty away...like the old wives said she would.
Okay, okay...enough complaining. I am not supposed to be complaining. I am supposed to practice keeping my negative energy to a minimum to help prepare me for my home birth. I do NOT want to be a complaining baby while delivering a baby. (Takes one to grow one.....oh wait, that's not how that saying goes...) Anyway, the Braxton-Hicks are in full-force. Practice little uterus, practice! My weight gain is at about 2 pounds a week which makes sense since I have an around-the-clock appetite. I am huge, but still happy with my weight gain so far. In 28 weeks I have gained a grand total of 15 pounds. Another 12 weeks at 2 pounds a weeks is another 24 pounds, but I don't foresee that happening. With Joey I do recall losing a couple of pounds there at the end...believe it or not. Can we get a reminder of what "the end" with Joey looked like....

Oh yeah! That was CRAZY! And I think I am not getting any sleep now. But Joey was a boy. Perhaps my darling daughter will be a petite little thing...wishful thinking?!? We will see.
So Damaris comes in 2 days. After that my check-ups go from monthly to bi-monthly. I need to get a shopping list from her of everything she recommends I have here on-hand for my special home-birth. Did I mention I am having Ailey in my house? And I am very excited about it?!? Oh, well I am and I am excited! I envision lighting some candles, pulling the curtains, warning the neighbors (haha, just joking...or is that a good idea? I could get vocal!), relying on my bath tub, playing some soft music, and enduring more pain than I have ever felt in my life to naturally welcome my baby girl into the world. Call me crazy, but you have no idea how wonderful that all sounds to a woman like me. How God intended it, I think! He will be there, too. :)
Okay, well, that's my Welcome to the Third Trimester Update. 83 days to go...I might be a second time Mom, but I sure am still counting!

No comments: