Here I sit in a pair of comfy gray sweatpants and an oversized t-shirt that is covered in spaghetti-o's...finally concluding what has been the "busiest week ever"! On my last post I blogged all about our weekend adventures. What a great weekend that was, but in hindsight, I should have kept that weekend simple to prepare what awaited in this past week. Last Sunday I got a call at work from Carly. "Mimi, I started my period!" Oh boy. Here we go. "Do you need me to come home, baby?" "No, I will be okay." "Are you comfortable? We already bought everything you need, right?" "Yeah, I'm good." "Wow! You are a little woman! I love you sweetheart. See you in a few hours." "Bye Mimi". So of course when I got off of work there were some celebrations in order. Carly and I headed to Hershey's for some ice cream and girl talk. I was so amazed at how prepared and mature she was with this milestone.
Monday morning it was get Carly off to horse camp, Trey off to work, and me and the boys off to vacation bible school. After VBS it was down to Waxhaw to pick Carly up, get the kids home, cleaned, fed, and napped. The rest of the week followed this suite.
Wednesday Carly baby sat while me and wonderful neighbor Erica went to visit our friend Amanda and her new baby girl in the hospital. That evening was church followed by my small group study (appropriately titled, "Calm My Anxious Heart"...blogging to be done on that later) followed by a very special gathering of women. Since Carly was now a woman we, the women of her family, decided that we needed to begin a new tradition...a tradition that is to be carried on for all the girls turned women in our family's future. So after Carly fell asleep I blindfolded and kidnapped her and took her to a ritualisitic (think YA-YA!) ceremony where we let her know how special she was and adorned her with family heirlooms. The ceremony was followed by chocolate fondue and sparkling grape juice. She kept saying, "I feel so special!" and we, of course, assured her of just how special she truly is.
Thursday night it was time for us all to enjoy our favorite tale of all time on the big screen...Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. It was soo good! We all enjoyed it, but Conner definitely felt it was a little long for his tastes. Afterward it was time to drop the kids of at bio-mom's a night early because they were going to be off to Ohio for the weekend for a wedding!
Friday Joey and I concluded the long week of VBS and celebrated with an extended nap. After nap time it was all aboard the light rail to watch Daddy's co-workers play basketball in the rented-out Bobcat's Arena! Wow was I ever exhausted at this point! We came back and by 9:30 I was OUT. I have been working all weekend and boy am I ever ready for the upcoming week. I need so desperately to get some cleaning caught up around here. I am so much happier in my usual routine! However, in conclusion, I bet the kids made some memories this week that will last them for forever. A first period, horse camp, vacation bible school, a special womanhood induction ceremony, the movies, and game at the arena! It was all worth it, but for now....sweet dreams to this Mommy!
1 comment:
Wednesday sounded awesome! What a lucky girl!
Post a Comment