Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Sticky Season

Here we go....the "Sticky Season" is here! I cannot believe that we are in our last full week of school. This school year has FLOWN by! And while it seems like just yesterday we were preparing our big kids to be the "new kids, so much has happened! Most importantly, both Carly and Conner have made so many new friends and have officially announced they wouldn't want to leave their new schools. (Not that it was an option, but still good to know;) I am so proud of both of them and their many impressive accomplishments this year. I can't wait to see what 3rd grade holds for Conner...and what Carly's LAST YEAR BEFORE HIGH SCHOOL (!!!) holds for her.





(Carly with friends after being inducted into the National Junior Beta Club)


(Conner with his football coaches...and little brother...at the end of season celebration)


Joey and Ailey....also many accomplishments this year. Learning how to share a bedroom and sleep in big girl and big boy beds is one big one. (Lately they keep ending up sleeping in the SAME big kid bed cuddled in together and it's one of the cutest sights to behold EVER!) We had a 1st birthday and a 3rd birthday. Ailey learned to walk, run, and TALK UP A STORM! Joey decided he's always right and knows everything...so he needs to learn that that's not a truth;) Ailey decided she would start taking a pacifier for the first time at 15 months of age when baby Maevy was born ....another thing that has to be un-done:) But they are so cute and I am so happy that I had them so close together. They are best friends who do everything together. I can't wait for Maevy to join in their fun! The sound of the shared laughter between siblings is so sweet! And as for sweet little Maevy...well, she isn't so little. I was shocked when I put her on the baby scale last week and discovered that at 3 months of age she is a chunky 17 lbs of sweetness! She is a very unique baby who shows too many signs of independence for a last born. She loves to talk and giggle...especially with big brother, Joey.So....our plans for the "Sticky Season"?
Plenty of popsicles.

So much sunscreen.

Gallons of getting out the sprinkler.

Portions of peaches.....and strawberries!

Plenty of picnics and play at the park.

Bottles of bug spray.

and....

Fun times with family and friends (to include all the above mentioned items which makes them sticky, as well;)
























No comments: