I haven't posted on here since the beginning of the school year and now....drum roll....there are only 20 days left until summer break! wowza.
Due to moving, a lack of internet, and a laptop that has been packed-up...I still don't really know where, I have been seriously out of the blog loop!
Since I last blogged, we had a 14th birthday, a 4th birthday, a 2nd birthday, a 9th birthday, and a FIRST birthday! Crazy how big these little guys are getting. Unfortunately it was a pretty uneventful year as far as extra-curriculars went. We were so preoccupied with selling the house, having sellers who backed out of their purchase agreement FOUR DAYS before closing (all our stuff was already in storage!), and then selling the house again, that we didn't have a whole lot of time to really enjoy a whole lot of anything, but some very little quality time with one another.
So why did we move? Well, we couldn't keep up with the nursing that needed to be done on a 20+ year old house. We couldn't maintain a $250,000 mortgage with 5 kids and Red Ventures going down hill. We lived on a very busy main road and the kids got out to play very little.
And where are we now!? One street away from our last house! We decreased our mortgage by nearly 50%, got into a home that was built in only 2001, and live on a street where the kids run and play from sun up to sun down! It was one of the best decisions that we ever made for our family. Cheers to modest living!:)
In all the moving chaos, Trey landed a new job with a new company! More mature, more established, and a better fit, Trey is now a Sales Manager for a company that sells *basically* websites. (There is a lot more that goes along with it, but that's the gist;-) While I have to admit I am not happy that we seem to be "stuck" in "salesland", I am happy to see a happier husband who is feeling much better about his job...and the company that he works for~! (Good Riddance "other guys".)
Carly is about to embark on her highschool adventure. Conner will be in 4th grade and has thrown us for a loop asking to go to ballroom "dance camp" this summer! Joey is finishing up his first year of pre-school and is signed up to attend one of the pre-school's summer camps..."Play ball camp." Ailey is potty training and is as "Graceful" as ever! And finally, Maevy continues to be such a tiny and wonderful baby of the family. Her latest favorite game is making animal noises.
As for me, I am enjoying playing homemaker in the new house. I had Home Depot out today giving us an estimate on finishing the fencing in the backyard. I am loving just being HOME; vaccuming, painting, installing this and that, assembling this and that, getting my new crock pot warmed up, starting as a sales consultant for Pampered Chef, and training the new pupp, Petunia!
That is all for now! Hopefully it won't be another 6 months...*wink*:)
No comments:
Post a Comment